- Running out of time? Stepping up action for Europe's environment
This report by IEEP makes the case for why EU policy makers now need to plan for 2030 in a more concrete and systematic way, looking beyond the 2020 horizon which dominates European strategies at present. Specific priorities are set out with respect to decarbonisation, better use of natural resources and preserving the natural environment. It also discusses cross-cutting issues of implementation, financing and information. The report was launched at a high-level conference in Brussels on 4 December 2012.
- Reforming environmental taxes and harmful subsidies: challenges and opportunities
This policy paper provides a brief introduction and overview to the issues of environmental tax reform and environmentally harmful subsidies and outlines recent developments in the EU. It also outlines the remaining challenges in these areas and the potential role of the 7th EAP in helping to deliver the ETR and EHS agendas.
- Improving measurement to manage through the 7th EAP: The role of indicators and accounting
This policy paper provides a brief overview of the context and state of play in the area of “measurement to manage”. It also outlines the needs for future action in this area and the potential role of the 7th EAP in improving the availability and use of indicators and accounts in the EU.
- Exploring key priorities and actions for the 7th EAP
This policy paper examines how the forthcoming 7th EAP can contribute to protecting natural systems and improving the way in which we use natural resources. It also examines a number of cross-cutting actions needed to support the priorities of the 7th EAP and ensure better delivery of EU environment policy.
- The role of the 7th EAP and options for its leading theme and priorities
This policy paper provides a brief overview of the current policy landscape, recapitulates some arguments on the role, purpose and added value of the 7th EAP, and discusses different options for a leading theme of the 7th EAP, potential priorities, and means for delivery.
- How can the future Environment Action Programme help to develop better environmental policy instruments?
Presentation by Axel Volkery and Sirini Withana at workshop on ‘The future of environmental policy: what role for the Resource Efficiency Roadmap and what role for the Environment Action Programme?’ (13 September 2011)
- Reflecting Land Management and the 7th EAP
Presentation by Axel Volkery at CEEweb biodiversity workshop on ‘Possibilities of land management integration into the Green Infrastructure Strategy and the 7th EAP – the Visegrad experience’ (23 March 2012)
- Better implementation and integration - Considering options for the 7th EAP
Presentation by Axel Volkery at the EESC Public Hearing on the 7th EAP (7 March 2012)
This project is informed by our previous work on the 6th Environment Action Programme (6EAP).
- Final assessment of the 6th EAP
- Strategic Orientations of EU Environmental Policy under the 6th EAP and Implications for the Future
- The Impact of Better Regulation on EU Environmental Policy under the 6th EAP
- The External Dimension of the 6th EAP: An Evaluation of Implementing Policy Instruments
- Mid-term evaluation of implementation of the 6th EAP
- Mid-term assessment of achievements of the 6th EAP